Stir Fry

Standard

I took a picture of these peppers one evening before cutting them up for stir fry.  The painting began as kind of a different approach for me…more like an experiment.  I worked with some acrylic medium I’d never used before.  I didn’t love the transluscent effect it gave the paint and ended up feeling as if I’d overworked what began as a nice free piece.  I’m going to try it again with a bigger brush and allow myself less brush strokes.  It was a fun nights project.

I am determined I’m going to begin doing some experimenting with different tools and mediums which means getting away from the idea of a finished piece and allowing myself to mess up a lot in order to learn.  Will be worth it though.

8 x 8 Acrylic
God’s blessings everyone.
Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s